As you’re heading into July with almost 2 full months of summer left I’m sure you’re getting bored (I know I am).
So, to help y’all get off the couch and go see your beautiful home (or bordering) state I’ve decided to make a list of the top places you NEED to go visit before summer 2017 comes to a close.
Now I’d never recommend anything to you that I haven’t personally experienced or have known someone that has- so these places and things to do really are pretty flipping awesome!
For Rainy Days:
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston MA
- Now the arts aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but if you’re in the mood for some educational fun check this place out!
- @ all my Stonehill and MA college students: the MFA offers FREE admission to you if your school has a membership, all you need is your school ID!!
2. The New England Aquarium, Boston MA
- You’ll probably spend 1-2 hours here, looking at the penguins, seals, and other cool sea animals!
3. Muse Paint Bar:
- The two locations I’ve been to are in Lynnfield Market and Gillette Stadium. This can be a little pricey, but it’s definitely fun. It’s a nice relaxing spot to paint and chat with friends.
- Kings at Market St. Lynnfield, MA or Wamesit Lanes in Tewksbury, MA
5. Rock Climbing:
- Vertical Dreams, Nashua NH & Boston Rock Gym, Woburn MA
- Learn how to belay and rock climb with some friends. It’s a good work out and also pretty challenging.
For the Outdoor Adventurer:
- Mount Monadnock, NH
- “The climb is tough but the view is great!!”
- This is totally a day trip and takes about 2 hours (with stopping every so often and a lunch break of course) to the top, and a shorter time going down
- Definitely recommended on a day that’s 75 degrees or colder, it gets hot
- Lost River Gorge:
- an awesome place to hike and explore. It’s located in the mountains of NH, in between flowing waterfalls and caves that visitors can climb through- it even has some awesome views!
- Alpine Adventures:
- Zip Lining!! Costs $95 but is BEYOND worth it! The experience is a little over 2 hours: Consisting of an off-roading experience and 4 crazy long zip lines through the mountains of NH.
3. Codzilla Speed Boat, Boston Harbor:
- This speed boat goes around Boston Harbor for about an hour. This is a wild ride and warning: you might get soaked!
- Lake Quannapowitt, Wakefield MA
- Horn Pond
- Minute Man National Historic Park, Lexington MA
- Ipswich River Park, North Reading MA
- Borderland State Park, Easton MA
- Harold Parker State Forrest, North Reading/ Andover MA
- Blue Hills Reservation, Milton MA
5. Watch the sun rise at the beach!
For the girl who wants a good pic to Instagram:
1. The Lawn on D, Seaport District, Boston MA
- This is seriously the place for it my friends, I’m sure you’ve seen pictures of huge light up swings and wondered “where the heck are those?!” well here they are!
- Not super easy to get to (Need to catch the S1 or S2 Silver Line trolley, get off at the World Trade Center, and walk a bit!
2. Strawberry, Cherry, Blueberry Picking:
- Parlee Farms, Tyngsboro MA or Smolak Farms, North Andover MA:
- Awesome places to pick some healthy fruit and take some artsy pics of it or yourself
3. Any place that has crazy food-
- Follow foodie.impasta to find some places with the prettiest and most delicious foods
4. Any of the outdoor activities mentioned above!
5. Any of the cities mentioned below!
6. Have a photoshoot at the beach or at Colby Farm- a sunflower field in Newbury, MA!
For a day of exploring a city or town:
- York: Walk around the town, visit the York’s Wild Kingdom Zoo, and visit Nubble Lighthouse!
- Portland: Go walk around the town and grab a bite to eat!
2. North Shore, MA:
- Grab a bite to eat at Mike’s Harborside, grab some chocolate from one of the little shops, maybe do some shopping, and walk along the boardwalk!
- *good place for artsy pics*
- Walk around the town, go to the beach, eat some seafood, and take pictures on the rock wall and by the famous Motif No. 1 fishing shack!
3. Boston, MA:
- Go do something mentioned above, go shopping on Newbury Street or Downtown Crossing, see a play, relax in the public gardens or Boston Commons, walk the freedom trail, visit the statehouse- there’s endless possibilities
4. Newport, Rhode Island:
- Go eat some delicious seafood, visit the famous mansions, and do the Cliff Walk to get some exercise. Oh, and visit the beach too while you’re at it!
For some good eats:
1: Boston, MA:
- Faneuil Hall:
- MMMac and Cheese has the best mac and cheese ever created- you NEED to try this! Get it to go and eat it by the harbor.
- The North End:
- Have dinner at Assaggios a small, authentic italian restaurant) and turn the corner to get some Mike’s Pastry!
- Fire & Ice:
- Pick your food, whether it’s pasta, meat, etc and they cook it right in front of you!
- Boston Burger Co.
- Get a crazy huge burger and a Freak Frappe
- York Maine: Inn on the Blues
- Portland: Duckfat
3: New Hampshire Seacoast:
- Brown’s or Markey’s…. Duh!! (Seabrook, NH)
- Hodgie’s Too Ice cream
- Portsmouth, NH has a ton of restaurants and is another small little city to walk around downtown
4: North Shore:
- Periwinkle’s or Woodman’s- AMAZING fried clams people!! Essex, MA
For a day of hanging out with your friend group:
- Hampton, NH:
- Either go to the reservation (less chaos and teens) or check out the boardwalk! They also have fireworks once a week around 9 pm on the boardwalk.
- North Shore:
- Good Harbor and Wingaersheek Beach
- Check out Richardson’s Ice Cream in Middleton, MA! Get some ice cream and play 18 holes or hit the driving range
- Xfinity Center, Gillette Stadium, TD Garden, and Bank of America Pavilion- Gilford NH
- All of these places have great concerts going through out the summer! Grab some last minute lawn seats for cheap and have yourself a great night!
4: Sporting Events:
- Red Sox:
- Who doesn’t love Fenway?! Go support the Sox and get yourself a Fenway Frank while you’re at it
- Patriots Pre-Season:
- You can get super cheap Pats tickets during pre season games. Although you probably won’t see Brady play, its still an awesome experience
5: Amusement Parks:
- Six Flags, Agawam MA or Canobie Lake Park, Salem NH
- Water Country, Portsmouth NH