In my last post, I talked about the personal danger my parents faced while on the job.
In this post, I intend to talk about the danger police as a whole are facing currently throughout the USA.
My parent’s career has come up more in the recent years due to all of the current events happening across the country with police killings as well as killings of innocent people.
Throughout the past 2 years, I’ve been asked by a lot of people what I think about all of this. To be completely honest I don’t want to share a lot of my thoughts publicly, but these are the following thoughts I will share about what is going on in our country with police and US citizens:
- It genuinely hurts me when I see people I know, went to school with, or were/are friends with posting things on social media that tear apart police officers.
- Yes, I get mad when people post things trashing cops as a whole
- I recognize that there are some cops that are racist, don’t do their job right, or simply mishandle a situation. I don’t believe however, that all cops are like this.
- I know my parents would never shoot someone without reason or use more force than necessary
- I know my parents and their co workers are good people that do a tough job
- I believe that cops are cops because they want to help people. Ask a cop why they are doing this job. I guarantee they won’t say “for the money”.
- Cops, teachers, and firemen are drastically underpaid for what they do
- It scares me that people have such an extreme amount of hate for cops. And it scares me even more that the people that those people hate include my parents.
- I want to understand why the people who don’t like cops feel the way they feel
- It makes me sad that people have had bad experiences with police
- It also makes me sad that people fear the police, who are supposed to be there to protect them
- I respect and applaud Donald Trump for advocating for police officers
- Why doesn’t the President speak out strongly against these killings of police officers? And when he does why do they seem so insincere?
- The media is fueling a war between US citizens and police.
- I don’t understand how someone can think a 30 second news clip shows the whole story
- The local channel 4,5,6, or 7 news is not going to tell you the full story
- It amazes me how uneducated people are, and it seems as though the people who are the most uneducated on a subject have the most to say about it
- Before you tweet, instagram, post anything- think about how the son or daughter of a police officer will feel when they see it
- It makes me scared and sad that my parents tell me not to tell people that they are police officers for fears that people will say things to me or not want to be friends with me
- I hope my parents know how proud of them I am
- I will never hide what my parents’ occupation is from anyone
- If you don’t like me for it or don’t want to talk to me I genuinely don’t care and probably don’t want to talk to you either
- We’re all human. We need to stop seeing skin color and just seeing humanity
- Stop fighting over who’s lives matter because everyone’s do! Black lives, Police lives, white lives, asian lives…..THEY ALL MATTER EQUALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I cannot wait for my parents to be fully done with this job
- This needs to end